Restricted & Hazardous Content Policy
We are updating our policies. This updated policy will come into effect from September 6th 2021.
We work hard to keep Depop a safe space for users to buy & sell unique fashion and do not allow any legally restricted or hazardous content to be listed or sold on the app.
The advertisement, sale, purchase or distribution of restricted or hazardous content in any part of the app is not allowed, regardless of legality in the user’s country of residence.
Depop will act on any restricted or hazardous content that contravenes our Community Guidelines to protect the safety of our community.
Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to:
Medicines and medical products
- Prescription or over-the-counter medicines
- Medical devices and products
Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Recreational drugs
- Legal highs
- Any product designed for the use or concealment of controlled drugs
Tobacco & alcohol products
- All tobacco products, including herbal tobacco, cigarettes, rolling tobacco & snus
- E-cigarettes, vaporisers, or e-liquids - with or without nicotine
- Smoking accessories including rolling papers, filters, lighters and ashtrays
- Any product containing alcohol, with the exclusion of cosmetic items which
- Knives and sharp implements of any type
- Offensive weapons such as brass knuckles, truncheons or batons
- Firearms (active or deactivated), air rifles or ammunition of any type
- Crossbows, spearguns or other shooting devices
Hazardous or flammable materials
- Compressed, corrosive or flammable gases & liquids
- Pesticides, insecticides & fumigants
- Poisons and toxic substances
- Combustible or explosive materials
Documents and currency (authentic or counterfeit)
- Identity documents such as driving licences, passports or birth certificates
- Residency documents, work permits or visas
- Gift cards, vouchers or store credits
- Digital, fake or replica currencies
- Products designed or used for the manufacturing of false documents or counterfeit currency
- Personal information of any type, such as emails, credit card numbers or addresses
- Lottery, event or transport tickets
If you have encountered content or behaviour which you believe breaks our Abuse, Bullying & Harassment policy on the app, please let us know by reporting the item or user through the app. We’ll investigate and take action in accordance with this policy.